Search This Blog

Thursday, June 8, 2017

artist statement

                                                 Artist Statement

  From this classes, I learnt so many knowledge and technology  I never know before. Like 
the dreamcatcher. I think it the most difficult artwork for me. First of all, I used leather to rope all the metal ring. Then I used thread to rope in same distance six times. Then I let the thread through the middle of the thread again and again. It was hard of me to determine the same distance. So that my dreamcatcher looks a little crooked. But in general it looks have a other kind of beauty. Finally, I put some feather and beads as decorations to make it more colorful and beautiful. What's more, from this artwork, I learnt it’s background. It’s papular with American. People think it’s a symbol to protect family and children. 

  The pop art— iPhone 18 was my first artwork I did in this class. I thought it was very hard because we need to created bigger object which we saw in life. I never learnt that before. So I felt a little fear. But after Ms. Lesa taught us how to make it, I think it was not very hard to try. First, we drew the draft of the real iPhone. And determine its height, length and width after enlarge in same proportion. Then we put suitable old card board together with glue. Next  we use some newspaper which be soaked by glue to cover the whole old card boards. After it dried, we started to use paint to draw on the boards. We drew the night with the yellow stars and moon as background. Then we cut off some card boards to make these apps. Finally, we stick these apps in the iphone. I think the most difficult things during the working process is paint. When we finished that, we all were so proud of ourselves. It also let me know what is teamwork. I did the paint part, Eric put the newspaper on the board, Leo did apps part. We all have our own part to do, and we help each to finish it.

  My favorite artwork is printmaking—whale. I practiced the carving skills in the styro

Foam plate basic on my draft. Then I started in lino, but lino is very solid, so I can’t carve it will. So I spend a long time to finish this very simple whale. After that, I used brayer to rub ink on the plastic board, that I used brayer with ink to cover my lino. From this drawing, I chose the white ink, but I didn’t run the ink equably, so that in my drawing, somewhere is darker and somewhere is lighter. From this artwork, I learnt the history of the printmaking. It’s a very historical and useful technique. It stands the human’s wisdom. Next time, I want to try to do more difficult carving and chose more colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

artist statement

                                                 Artist Statement   From this classes, I learnt so many knowledge and technology  I nev...