Search This Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2017

dreamcather


Dreamcatcher : yarn, leather, metal ring, feathers, beads wax thread; 37 length 13 width. 2017  


   
  It very simple dreamcatcher. I used the metal ring as a base, than use leather to cover it. after that, I use thread to twine the ring and follow the order. When I was twinning it, it’s difficult to control the thread’s distance. So as you can see my dreamcatcher is a little crooked. However in general it looks good. What’s more I put beads wax thread and feather as decoration to make more beautiful. 

  It’s very popular in American, it’s symbol that could protect the babies. Some consider the dreamcatcher a symbol of unity among the various Indigenous Nations, and a general symbol of identification with Native American or First Nations cultures.


No comments:

Post a Comment

artist statement

                                                 Artist Statement   From this classes, I learnt so many knowledge and technology  I nev...