Search This Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Printmaking


Print making: Lino, ink on paper, carving tools, brayer; 28 length 23 width; 2017
  It’s my first time to try to carving and print. We drew the draft of our object. I chose this whale. Then we practice in the plastic. The we started in Lino. It’s very hard to crave in lino, because it’s very solid, and we can’t use carving tools very well. That’s a very big problem for me. And I haven’t finished haft I felt tried. In order to carve it I spent a long time. Then I used brayer to rub the ink on paper, after that I use brayer with ink to cover my lino. Finally, put paper on it, use hand to press. 

  I chose white ink in black paper. It looks very conspicuous. As you can see, my lines of the whale are very clear. It a very simple printing. 

  I also saw many others printing in the video. Long time ago, people can use this technique to make artwork.  It stands the intelligent of the ancients.


No comments:

Post a Comment

artist statement

                                                 Artist Statement   From this classes, I learnt so many knowledge and technology  I nev...